MAY THE LIGHT COME ON FOR YOU HERE,and may your life be a beacon that guides others.

WE CAN LEARN FROM EACH OTHER.... AS LIFE DEALS US ALL A VERY DIFFERENT HAND.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

ADVICE ON MOTHERHOOD...I am MOTHER! Hear me ROAR! or is it SNORE?

I have two grown children, and now grandchildren. As a mother, I have ROARED, and sometimes SNORED! But more importantly, I have got the education of a lifetime!!!Let me tell you when I have ROARED: When both children were born. When they were sick, or discouraged, and when they learned something new. I roared when they taught me to see things thru their eyes, and when their opinions of things didn't reflect my own. I also roared when they were happy, or sad, or angry, or impatient, or tired.Like a mother lioness, there are different kinds of roars in the human species, too. Mothers who haven't learned to roar will have children who never learn to soar! Listen and learn, mothers, and roar your lungs out!You are the best friend your child has ever had, or ever will have, but you have to be prepared for this mega responsibility. You must be ready to watch your child soar, and fall, and fail, and excell, and have their feelingsss hurt, and win, and lose, and all the while, you must know what type of roar you need!You will roar, and they may or may not join in, much to your dismay, or to your joy! And mother, you must prepare yourself to roar until you draw your last breath, as your children will forevermore need their best friend.Now let me tell when I have SNORED, and beleive me that if you, too, can snore thru these events, your life will be much, much, more peacefull! I have snored thru: the terrible twos, my childrens peer pressure, the teen years, purple hair, teaching them to cook, teaching them to drive, being told that 12 year old tommy or cindy was so much smarter than I, and eventually when they each set up their own housekeeping.Let me explain the difference between roaring and snoring, o.k.? Roaring is when you are very vocal, full of emotion, and are wearing your "MOTHER " clothes. Snoring is when you are full of emotion, but have CHOSEN to put aside your "MOTHER" clothes for the more comfortable " This , too, will pass" clothes.Every day of your life, from the moment you become a mother, you must choose weather to roar or snore~ so choose very, very, carefully, as lives and personalities are affected forever.

No comments: